Monday 17 August 2009

Afghanistan 2001-2009

Although I haven't been following the events in Afghanistan closely, I couldn't fail to notice the significance of the 200  British soldier death toll yesterday. This controversial topic has produced mixed reactions amongst the public and media, however is portrayed most graphically on the front page of The Daily Telegraph today, that commemorates the soldiers that died by showing each individual photograph. 
This image has left a much greater impression on me than any other I have seen about the Afghanistan war. Perhaps it is putting faces to the names and statistics, that shocks me so much. This front page is unlike any other I have seen of the telegraph, using only photographs and a headline in it's layout. As if it out of respect, dedicating it to the memory of the 200 British soldiers that died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment